Raise your hand if you’ve ever felt personally victimized by the world just for simply existing.
Oh good, I’m not alone. I see a lot of hands.
The fact is, we’ve all been there. We’ve all felt confined to a situation, suffocated by the weight of our responsibilities, and frustrated by the seemingly endless amount of road blocks before us. Want to know something great though? You aren’t alone! In fact, by simply picking up your favorite book I’m sure you’ll quickly begin to find that all of your favorite authors have written about very similar situations!
Don’t believe me?
Here are 10 book quotes that are entirely relatable to life’s every day battles:
- “Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.” – Sabaa Tahir, An Ember in the Ashes
- “It takes ten times longer to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.” – Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
- “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.” – William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure
- “Things get broken, and sometimes they get repaired, and in most cases, you realize that no matter what gets damaged, life rearranges itself to compensate for your loss, sometimes wonderfully.” – Hanya Yanagihara, A Little Life
- “These awful things are survivable because we are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.” – John Green, Looking for Alaska
- “Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.” —Frank Herbert, Dune
- “The growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistorical acts; and that things are not so ill with you & me as they might have been is half owing to the number who live faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisted tombs.” – George Eliot, Middlemarch
- “The truth requires no apology.” – Samantha Shannon, The Mime Order
- “It is the quality of convictions that determines one’s success, not the number of followers.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
- “When there is nothing, there is a possibility of everything.” – Ann Brashares, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
See, authors, they’re just like us, they get it!
Remember, the struggles of today won’t last forever, and just as our favorite characters come out on top in the end, so will you!